Author Services Australia Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing to work with us here at Author Services Australia. We try to make our Author Services Australia Terms and Conditions as clear and transparent as possible for our clients. If you have any questions or concerns about our Terms and Conditions, don’t hesitate to contact us directly via the Contact Us Page.
- Before we begin any social media, formatting, editing, ghostwriting, or illustration work, we require a 50% deposit to be paid. If you choose to cancel your order before we begin any work, your deposit will be refunded minus a 3.5% fee to cover any bank and transfer costs associated. If we have begun any work on your project, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Before we begin any services, we require that all relevant information and files, which includes photographs (high resolution 300 dpi), tables, text, illustrations, or images, be supplied. For formatting, we also require your print trim size and format for your publishing platform.
- We will send you the first formatting draft once the work on your first draft is complete. First drafts are sent within ten business days. Once the first draft is approved, we will commence the creation of your final files. Final files can take anywhere from 2 to 7 business days, depending on the complexity of the eBooks.
- If you ordered paperback and ebook formatting, we will finish the paperback formatting first. Once paperback formatting is complete and you have approved it, we will then move on to the e-book formatting next. These are based on the pre-approved print files. Minor changes may be required to adjust between the two different formats.
- Once your order is ready, we will then invoice you for the outstanding balance of your invoice, and payment in full is required before we will deliver your completed hi-resolution files ready for uploading.
- You, as the author, are responsible for uploading your final files to your desired self-publishing platform or printing services.
- You, as the author, are responsible for ordering a proof copy of your completed manuscript.
- We will fix all formatting and layout errors completely free of charge. They are included in the quote for paperback and ebook formatting. The client’s requested typos/edits are charged at $1 per edit per format, and the first ten edits/typos are free.
- Author Services Australia isn’t liable for any errors or losses that may arise through the publishing or printing of your book. You are fully responsible for the final approval of all files.
- Once you have approved the final formatting files, you agree that you’re 100% satisfied with the final files, which include any errors/typos/defects whatsoever.
Author Services Australia Order Cancellations
- Author Services Australia reserves the right to cancel a project at any time without notice. If Author Services Australia chooses to cancel any project, then any amounts paid will be refunded in full.
- If you choose to cancel your order before we begin any work, your deposit will be refunded minus a 3.5% fee to cover any bank and transfer costs associated. If we have begun any work on your project, the deposit is non-refundable. For any partial cancellations, extras, or changes that we haven’t begun, your outstanding invoice amount due will be adjusted accordingly. Print and ebook formatting ordered as a package includes a discount. If one of the other is canceled, your outstanding balance will be adjusted depending on the order.
- If there is any breakdown in communication between Author Services Australia and the client and no contact is made after 60 days, we will assume you have abandoned your order, and your deposit is non-refundable.
- If your original order is changed or altered in any way, then Author Services Australia reserves the right to cancel your order. If any work has begun on your project, the deposit is non-refundable.
- In the event of any cancellation or refund, Author Services Australia owns the rights to any drafts or files that were delivered to the client, and these files cannot be used in any way or form.
Author Services Australia Communication
- We require that any changes be requested via email and agreed to by both parties.
- Any changes that are agreed to by both parties will result in additional time on the order. We will advise the client of the additional time at the time of the agreement.
Author Services Australia Confidentiality
- At Author Services Australia, we take your confidentiality very seriously. All materials and communications are for use by Author Services Australia for the completion of your order. We will not share your information or property with any third parties unless you approve it in advance.
- If requested, Author Services Australia will agree to sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) prepared by you at your expense.
At Author Services Australia, we work closely with our sister company, Indie Publishing Group. This business relationship includes working with illustrators, editors, writers, and interior design specialists to complete clients’ work.