If you haven’t already set up your Goodreads account, you’re wasting valuable time!
We recently spoke about the benefits of using Goodreads as an author in this blog, 5 Ways to Promote Your Book On Goodreads! But we thought we’d do a walk-through of setting up your Goodreads account.
In this article, we’ll cover the different steps you need to follow to set yourself up for success on Goodreads. If you have been looking for other ways to promote your book and build an audience, then Goodreads is a great place to start.
Setting Up Your Goodreads Author Account
- Sign Up – Signing up for Goodreads is the first step. After that, you can sign up using your email, Facebook, Apple, or Amazon. Signing up is fast and easy.
- Author Account – The next step is to sign up for an author account. If you have already published your book, just search for your author’s name on Goodreads. The author’s name is listed below the title of the book. When you click on your author name, it takes you to the basic author profile page. Scroll down to the bottom and hit the ‘Is this you? Let us know!” button.
- Create Your Profile – Take your time with your profile. If you have other author profiles, try to use the same picture to keep them similar and make it easy for your readers to recognize you. You can do a lot with your author profile. For example, link your blog, post photos, and videos, answer questions, and link to other social media sites.
- Use Your Blog – Linking your blog is very important. Like your Amazon Author Central, your blog feed can be linked to your Goodreads profile. In addition, your blogs will automatically link to your feed. If you don’t have a blog, you can write and publish directly through Goodreads.
- Connect with Readers – When you have your profile all set up, you can start to explore Goodreads. But first, try some tips for building your profile that we wrote in 5 Ways to Promote Your Book On Goodreads!
Setting Up Your Goodreads Author Account – Conclusion
Goodreads is a social media site dedicated to readers and authors. It’s one social media site you can’t afford to miss if you’re a self-published author. If you haven’t already, head over to Goodreads and sign up now!
Getting your book formatted for uploading and publishing is almost the final step in the process. We are as excited to see your final product as you are! If you have been looking for fiction book formatting, non-fiction book formatting, or children’s book formatting, we’d love to be part of your self-publishing journey!
Contact us today for an affordable quote on any book formatting services.