How to Get Accurate Book Formatting Quotes Fast!
If you have been shopping around for book formatting and someone to format your manuscript into an ebook or paperback format and wondering how to get an accurate formatting quote for paperback or ebook format books, then you’ve come to the right place!
Understandably we get a lot of requests for paperback and ebook formatting.
Authors across Australia, New Zealand, and worldwide have spent countless hours writing and editing their manuscripts. Now, they’re ready to get it formatted for uploading to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), IngramSpark Publishing, or a private printing company. It’s an exciting time in the self-publishing process!
It can be a nerve-wracking time; after all, you’re trusting your manuscript with a stranger, which can feel a little intimidating. So to make the process as smooth and simple as possible, we have prepared the following tips for getting a book formatting quote! At Author Services Australia, we have over a decade of experience formatting paperbacks and ebooks, including fiction and non-fiction formatting. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for a quote for affordable book formatting services.
5 Tips For Getting A Book Formatting Quote!
- Send It As A Word.Doc – We love working with a great Microsoft Word document. It makes it easy to see what we’re working with and how many words there are in the document. When we format paperback or ebooks, we use the Adobe InDesign program. We import as Word.doc, and then export as a PDF.
- Tell Us Your Trim Size – If you do a little research beforehand, you’ll know that you have several options when it comes to trim sizes, depending on what platform you are uploading to. Remember, the bigger the book, the more it will cost to print and the higher you’ll need to price it. You can check out all of the trim sizes available on Amazon KDP or IngramSpark Publishing, as they are the two biggest self-publishing Print On Demand (POD) companies. You can learn more about POD here What Is Print On Demand for Authors?
- Send A Sample – If you don’t feel comfortable sending your entire manuscript and it’s consistent throughout the document, then send us one or two chapters as a sample, along with how many words it is. In most cases, we can give you a formatting quote based on a partial manuscript.
- Give Us Examples – If you have a particular style or design that you love, then send us some samples. It’ll make creating your custom design drafts much easier and faster.
- Send Your Cover & Genre – When you ask for your book formatting quote, send the cover and tell us what genre it is. We use different styles for different genres, which means that the sample drafts you get are more suitable to your genre.
For most fiction books, it doesn’t matter how many words there are. We generally charge the same price for paperback and ebook formatting. However, for non-fiction books, we will need to see a copy of the manuscript to determine how complex the layout will be. We look at different factors, including images, graphics, graphs, tables, call-out boxes, and bullet points.
Getting your book formatted for uploading and publishing is almost the final step in the process, and we’re just as excited to see your final product as you are!
Once you have a paperback copy of your book in your hand, you’ll quickly fall in love with it. Also, we offer ebook and paperback formatting packages which make it cheaper to get both formats done at the same time instead of doing them individually.
What’s The Best Way To Get An Ebook or Paperback Formatting Quote? – Conclusion
If you have been looking for fiction book formatting, non-fiction book formatting, or children’s book formatting, then we’d love to be part of your self-publishing journey!
Contact us today for an affordable quote on any book formatting services.
If you have any questions about the self-publishing process, including book formatting, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
At Author Services Australia, we support Australian and New Zealand self-published authors and writers with a full range of affordable self-publishing services, including ghostwriting, copyediting, developmental editing, proofreading, ebook and paperback formatting, book cover design, manuscript uploading assistance, social media and marketing.
Your paperback and ebook formatting is one area that you don’t want to cut corners on. If you have used any programs to format your book and you’d like to recommend them to Australian or New Zealand self-published authors or writers, drop a comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to avoid missing out on any future author news and self-publishing updates.